It can be surprisingly difficult to stick to taking your supplements every day. Here are a some ideas to try to make it easier.
- Pair taking your supplements with another habit you already do each day, such as brushing your teeth.
- If you drink coffee every morning, place your supplements in your coffee mug at night.
- Leave your supplements on the counter, or post a note in a prominent place.
- Use a pill divider.
- Ask a friend or family member to serve you your supplements, as long as they don’t mind.
- Use a phone alarm or electronic calendar reminder.
- If you’ve forgotten why you are taking your supplements, ask for a reminder.
- Ask if your regimen can be simplified, especially if it is an older recommendation.
- Post a wall calendar and mark off each day you take your supplements.
- To prevent running out, you can use Fullscript’s Auto-ship feature, which can be customized to your preferred timeline.
Dr. Andrea Hilborn is a naturopathic doctor in Kingston, Ontario